RSS

Jonesy's Taco House

Chris Filed Under: Labels:


There is Mexican food, and there is Tex-Mex food. Jonesy's Taco House is neither! If there was a category for grease, velvetta cheese, pounds of meat and awesomeness, than Jonesy's would be it!

This little gem is tucked away at 60th and Woolworth, right next to the Trackside bar. I love this place because not only is the food great and the price is superb, but it has loads of character. If you go during lunchtime, you see the full spectrum of people , ranging from students, blue collar workers, corporate suites and everyone in between. My roommate Fat Greg also aptly pointed out that our waitress there bore a striking resemblance to Dex of Star Wars: Episode one fame. Bonus points!

Pictured above is their 2 enchilada and a taco combo, which I like to call the "Gut Buster." It is easily close to over 2 pounds of food, and that is before they add the rice, beans and enchilada sauce. I can eat a lot of food, and even I was hard pressed to finish just the one enchilada and taco. I ended up taking the other enchilada home as well as some of the worst stomach cramps I have had in a long time. I could feel the taco and enchilada just sitting in my stomach bubbling for the rest of the day and most of that night. The odd thing was I did not feel better until I ate the leftovers. At least the grease made it travel through my digestive system relatively quick.

Totally worth the experience!

edit post

0 Responses to "Jonesy's Taco House"