RSS

Dim sum finally comes to Omaha! (Penguin)

Chris Filed Under: Labels:


Much to my joy (and as much to Laura's dismay), I discovered that our very own Oakview Mall has its own Dim sum shack at the food court! It's tucked away in the back near the Gap, but it's kinda hard not to miss if you walk by because of all the steam baskets on the counter.

They offer all kinds of dumplings, as well as bao (steam buns filled with awesomeness) , bubble tea and even sushi! I had a nice chat with the owners (Mr. and Mrs. Lin), and I found out that they are from China, but they learned to cook in Taiwan. They were both very passionate about their food and we probably could have talked for hours, but there was eating to be done!

Pictured on the left is one of thier combo meals. For around $7 you get 4 dumplings (I got shrimp and pork), 2 bao (BBQ pork ftw!) and a large bubble tea... not bad at all. The dumplings were ok (to be fair it was near the end of the day), but the bao were extremely good... like I was back in China town eating from the street vendors good. The bubble tea was an excellent way to wash everything down. I think the only way it could have been better if they had the Thai flavor, but you can't have everything.

I was very impressed and told the Lins that they would be seeing me much more in the future, and I'm sure they will. I'm looking forward to trying out the rest of their menu.

Update: Apparently these guys have a website here, and according to it you can call ahead with your order so you can just come to pick it up... I love it!

edit post

0 Responses to "Dim sum finally comes to Omaha! (Penguin)"